Online Ottoman History through Texts
Online Ottoman History through Ottoman Turkish Texts
Date: Wednesdays, 22 April – 24 June 2020
Time: 6-8 pm
Duration: 10 weeks
Class Size: Min. 4 – Max.12 Students
Instructor: Dr Cumhur Bekar
Deadline for Application: Monday, 20 April 2020
This ONLINE course will provide the students with the necessary skills to read and understand Ottoman Turkish written in the Arabo-Persian alphabet. Ottoman Turkish as a written language was the direct predecessor of modern Turkish spoken today in Turkey and in the large geography surrounding it that used to form a part of the Ottoman Empire. Advanced levels will be more reading intensive and students will gain knowledge on Ottoman History by reading significant texts of the era.
The class requires specific knowledge of the Turkish language to the level of at least B2.
Classes will take place through ZOOM or SKYPE, online platforms.
ZOOM in 2 Easy Steps:
1. You will need an internet enabled device with a microphone and camera such as a laptop, phone or tablet.
Phones and tablets: Download zoom app.
Laptops: Visit www.zoom.us/join (No download required)
For further technical support visit support.zoom.us.
2. You will receive a personalised link sent by the Institute. The link will take you directly to your virtual classroom.
Skype Call in 3 Easy Steps:
1. Install Skype by clicking on the following link https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/
2. Create an account or use your current Microsoft Account.
3. You will receive the user name of your instructor sent by the Institute and then add the instructor as a friend. If you have trouble with finding the instructor, please send us your user name via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will add you.
This course requires a minimum number of enrollments to run. If you have any questions or queries, please direct them to us on email@example.com
- Max Students12
- Duration10 week
- Skill leveladvanced
- LanguageTurkish - English