“KARAMEMI” PERIOD TEZHIP COURSE
Date: Wednesdays, 8 July – 29 July 2020
Time: 6-8 pm
Duration: 4 weeks
Fee: £150 (excludes materials)
Class Size: Min. 4 – Max.10 Students
Instructor: Nagihan Seymour
Deadline for Application: Monday, 25 May 2020
This ONLINE 4-week course will cover “Karamemi Period Tezhip” patterns by artist Nagihan Seymour.
Karamemi is an outstanding master in Tezhip/ Art of Illumination from XVI th century as he has given his name to an entire period in the art of illumination. The elements of illumination from Karamemi period such as styles, designs and motifs will be analysed during this 4-week course.
Muzehhib Karamemi had worked on new styles of painting and drawing in Tezhip and he added different techniques to the illumination art. Negative motifs/painting style is one of his innovation.
During the course students will work on 2 reproductions of Karamemi. The motifs and the patterns will be analysed and painted. These patterns will involve both “Negative” style motif drawing and painting technique and a closed “Rumi” form.
Required Equipment & Materials
- Watercolour Paper (minimum 300gsm)
- A4 Paper
- Tracing paper
- Mechanical Pencil
- A ruler
- Gouache Paint (White, Black, Yellow, Red, Green, Blue, Gold)
- Acrylic Paint (One of the following: Ultramarine Blue, Cobalt Blue, Dark Red, Dark Green)
- 3-0, 2-0 Paint Brush
Classes will take place through ZOOM, an online platform.
ZOOM in 2 Easy Steps:
1. You will need an internet enabled device with a microphone and camera such as a laptop, phone or tablet.
Phones and tablets: Download zoom app.
Laptops: Visit www.zoom.us/join (No download required)
For further technical support visit support.zoom.us.
2. You will receive a personalised link. The link will take you directly to your virtual classroom.
This course requires a minimum number of enrollments to run. If you have any questions or queries, please direct them to us on email@example.com