ILLUMINATION (Tezhip) FOR BEGINNERS
Date: Sundays, 5th July – 26th July 2020
Time: 1-3 pm
Duration: 4 weeks
Fee: £150 (excludes materials)
Class Size: Min. 4 – Max.8 Students
Instructor: Nagihan Seymour
Deadline for Application: Friday, 3rd July 2020
This ONLINE 4-week course will cover Ottoman tradition ‘Tezhip’ patterns by artist Nagihan Seymour. This course starts with an overview of the history and origins of the art. Students will learn traditional floral patterns as well as how to decorate the border of Islamic manuscripts and they will be able to create their own ‘Shamsa’ composition and finish it using traditional painting and illumination techniques.
Required Equipment & Materials
- Watercolour Paper (300gsm)
- A4 Paper
- Tracing paper
- Mechanical Pencil
- A ruler
- A compass (optional)
- Gouache Paint (White, Black, Yellow, Red, Green, Blue, Gold)
- Acrylic Paint (One of the following: Ultramarine Blue, Cobalt Blue, Dark Red, Dark Green)
- 3-0, 2-0 Paint Brush
Classes will take place through ZOOM, an online platform.
ZOOM in 2 Easy Steps:
1. You will need an internet enabled device with a microphone and camera such as a laptop, phone or tablet.
Phones and tablets: Download zoom app.
Laptops: Visit www.zoom.us/join (No download required)
For further technical support visit support.zoom.us.
2. You will receive a personalised link. The link will take you directly to your virtual classroom.
This course requires a minimum number of enrollments to run. If you have any questions or queries, please direct them to us on email@example.com