Workshop: Paper Marbling (Ebru) for Kids
WORKSHOP: PAPER MARBLING (EBRU) FOR KIDS (7-11 Years Old)
Date: Friday, 27 October 2023
Time: 1 – 3 pm
Duration: 2 hours
Cost: £25 (includes course materials) for one child and one accompanying adult.
Class Size: Min. 5 – Max.15 Students
Instructor: Dilara Karaağaç
Location: 10 Maple Street W1T 5HA (Nearest tube stations: Warren Street and Goodge Street)
Experience the art of paper marbling (Ebru) and paint mesmerising patterns on water with this workshop led by renowned Ebru artist Dilara Karaağaç.
Ebru is a wonderful art form that lets anyone paint on water. We have organised this special Ebru workshop for kids who want to try this amazing technique. By dropping and swirling paints on a special liquid, kids can create beautiful patterns and designs. Then they can transfer their artworks to paper and keep them as souvenirs. Ebru is fun and easy to learn. No experience or skills are required, only a sense of wonder and creativity. Don’t miss this opportunity and join the Ebru workshop today!
Ebru (paper marbling) is an art form that has been experimented with for centuries. Utilising water, natural ingredients, dyes, and a set of unique tools, Ebru patterns and motifs are ‘painted’ onto water to be transferred onto sheets of paper, fabric, or other canvases. More than simply an art-form, Ebru artists and apprentices consider their art to be an essential part of their traditional culture and lifestyle, holding the knowledge, skills, and philosophy at great esteem.
This workshop is a unique opportunity for kids aged between 7-11 to learn this storied art from one of Istanbul’s greatest Ebru masters!
Children must be between 7-11 years old to attend the course.
This workshop is designed for children (ages 7–11) and adults to participate in together.
Required Equipment & Materials
All materials will be provided by the Institute.
- The workshop is taught in English, but some terminology used may be in Turkish.
- As this is a craft workshop, the children will be using paints to make their own artpieces, and it is the responsibility of the accompanying adults to ensure that all the materials are being used safely. All crafts and activities should be supervised by an adult.
- We recommend you wear comfortable clothes.
- It is recommended to always take safety precautions when performing crafts and activities.
- Due to the risk of allergens, we will not be providing any food or snacks during the workshop. We advise that parents bring their own food for their kids. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Please note filming and photography will be taking place throughout this event, and may be used for promotional and archival purposes. By registering for this event, attendees consent to this.
If you have any questions or queries, please direct them to us on email@example.com